German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check you gates.... a huge piece of ice fell off the house and lodged itself in between the gate and the post...thus spreading it apart enough for a curious dog to get out.

Happened to me this morning. Left the 3 dogs out that can go out together, and only 2 came back in. Luckily Sheeba didn't go to far and I found her right at the end of our street. BUT not before she scared the death out of some teenage boys walking down the street. I called her and she jumped right in the car,and they yelled is that your dog? I said yeah and they were like she scared us...she just popped out from behind the snow and we took off running:hammer::rolleyes2:. I told them they should never run, as some dogs have prey drive and will take off after running objects. Though Sheeba is 10yrs old she would not have chased aftem them as she is scared of most men and will flight rather then fight! So that was a + in this instance.

So just be careful and check your gates, hopefully this doesnt happen to anyone else. Just glad everything turned out good.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts