German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm dreaming of warmer weather right now. We're typically starting to see green things, the occasional flower, and feeling warmer temps by now. Instead, we're supposed to be getting snow for the next 2 days. However, we had a beautiful, sunny, warmish day the other day! Taking advantage of my husband actually being in town for once, the three of us went out for an afternoon adventure.

"What's that you say? A walk? With DAD?!"

"C'mon, Dad! The door doesn't really need to be locked, does it? All that's in the house are the mean cats. Let's go!"

One happy pup, right here. Although he wasn't thrilled about the pause to take a picture. :rolleyes:

Not that we don't adventure in the cold, it's just...not as enjoyable, since we typically just get cold and damp. :)

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
I really love the snow but am ready to shed my winter skin. We have about 3 inches right now, more to come this week. I am ready for a dry, mud free yard!

Love the pics, esp. the first one:)

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I'd enjoy winters here if we at least got a bit more snow. Unfortunately, as we don't get it often, the city goes into a panic whenever we do. :rolleyes:

And I agree - head tilt pictures are wonderful! They always make me smile. :wub:

·
Registered
883 Posts
haha I always get a laugh looking at Baxter. Zoey does the same face whenever you say "walk".

I like to think she says.. "wait, walk, did you just say walk, omg dad just said walk, wanna come with us, mom, mom, mom ok no, Dad lets go right now leave mom here, hurry up?" And while she says this (in my mind :)) shes bouncing all over the place haha

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Baxter does the head tilt pretty much any time you talk to him. He doesn't actually get terribly excited about the word "walk" alone, but if you start a sentence with, "Do you want..." he goes nuts. Without realizing, that's how we always ask him things - Do you want to go for a walk? Do you want to go to bed? Do you want to go to school? etc. Gets him excited every time. :)

·
Registered
263 Posts
I love Baxter's face!

Baxter does the head tilt pretty much any time you talk to him. He doesn't actually get terribly excited about the word "walk" alone, but if you start a sentence with, "Do you want..." he goes nuts. Without realizing, that's how we always ask him things - Do you want to go for a walk? Do you want to go to bed? Do you want to go to school? etc. Gets him excited every time. :)
Jerry does the same thing when you ask him, "Do you want...?" He freezes, stares at you with the head tilt, and then starts jumping around everywhere.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I love Baxter's face!

Jerry does the same thing when you ask him, "Do you want...?" He freezes, stares at you with the head tilt, and then starts jumping around everywhere.
Boy does that sound familiar! I KNOW I shouldn't encourage it, but the spinning cracks me up. He wants to stand still so we can put his leash on, but he's just so excited that he has to do one more lap around the room, get a few good spins in, and then dance around in a squat versus a sit while we get him to calm down.

They sure are good for a smile. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts