1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
check out the movie "War Dogs", you`ll need tissue`s,

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
To think that so many were left behind, to what fate it doesn't bear thinking about, and against the wishes of the men who had loved them and fought with them, is unconscionable. We should never forget them....

For those of you who haven't seen it, you might want to check out the dedication of the War Dog memorial in Riverside CA, which occurred in 2000. You'll need another box of tissues for this one.....

Anja SchH3 GSD
Conor GSD
Blue BH WH T1 GSD - waiting at the Bridge

·
Registered
12 Posts
was a touching story but I would never leave my dog behind...they served along side fellow service members. Would they just leave a fellow man there?

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
They didn't have a choice back than, and in fact a lot of the soldiers suffered mentally from the decision, it is one of the reasons they no longer do that as they never realized the impact and devotion the soldiers had for their dogs.

How great are German Shepherds though? It was so heart warming seeing all the pictures of the old German Shepherds that the old soldiers had on their t-shirts and in their hands, very touching.

Truly and this is no slight to other breeds, but has any other breed of dog done more for mankind than them? I know Labs do a lot, but no where near as much as German Shepherds through the ages.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts