Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know, if someone can help this woman

I saw this on Allentown PA Craigslist

Reply to: [email protected]
Date: 2008-03-18, 5:59PM EDT

Hi,
I have a long haired shepherd with hip displasa, who will soon need to use a type of cart for her rear end to be able to keep mobile. Does anyone have one that I could use. My dog is 13 and a wonderful animal and deserves the best.

Thank you

lak

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you find out for sure? I just received email from this woman and no one has been able to help her.

Thank you

·
Registered
844 Posts
--- In [email protected], [email protected] wrote:

I saw this on our local craigs list and so I emailed the lady and asked her
about it. She used it on a male Springer and is asking 275 for it. She will
ship. If anyone needs it email me and I will send you the imformation

Cathy Gamble
_shadetreesiberian_ (http://www.shadetreesiberians.com/)

**************Planning your summer road trip? Check out AOL Travel Guides.
(http://travel.aol.com/travel-guide/united-states?ncid=aoltrv00030000000016)

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
There is also doggone wheels. That's where we got our for our 13 year old collie when arthritis immobilized her.

However, the most important thing she should do, we learned the hard way, is to shave her butt down or the flies will get her. Being city folk newly transplanted to the country, we would never have imagined that this would happen to our dog.

Any pressure points, hips, etc., she lies on will become targets for the flies to burrow into her flesh and they are hard to detect because of all the long hair.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Re: wanted: cart with wheels for dog with hip disp

the thing is you cannot just get any cart and toss a dog into it. You need to make sure it fits properly or it will cause all sorts of discomfort, especially for a dog with hip displasia. Also, they are often gender specific. I know that eddie's wheels refurbishes some for resale which are slightly cheaper, perhaps the other companies do as well. You can also find sites on the web with directions to build carts if money is an issue and you have some skills.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dog Cart

This list is no longer active so the Craigslist reply address is no good. I have a cart to fit a female shepherd if someone can put me in touch with this lady.
[email protected]

I don't know, if someone can help this woman

I saw this on Allentown PA Craigslist

Reply to: [email protected]
Date: 2008-03-18, 5:59PM EDT

Hi,
I have a long haired shepherd with hip displasa, who will soon need to use a type of cart for her rear end to be able to keep mobile. Does anyone have one that I could use. My dog is 13 and a wonderful animal and deserves the best.

Thank you

lak

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Offer: Large Dog Wheelchair
I have an Eddie's Wheels Dog Wheelchair that fits female shepherds and other large dogs in the 90-100lb range. If you know of anyone who needs one please have them contact me and I will give the measuremnets. I received this from a good samaritan for just shipping costs with the promise to pass it along the same way. This is the stipulation for receiving this chair...you must pay it forward.
[email protected]

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know this last post is almost a year old but my 13 year old female GSD has degenerative myelopathy and is in badly need of a cart. This is the first our vet diagnosed it because she is knuckling. Got her a harness today and found this thread on a google search. Any leads on a cart would be greatly appreciated. Thx.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts