·
Registered
4,782 Posts
HAHA that's what Dodger does!!! HAHA

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's so cute that they love to go! I had to do some heels and stands just now to get him to calm down. haha

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Dodge loves going to school, sadly I probably won't be able to sign him up for the next class up :(. When he starts to get all hyper I have him do sit;down combos just using hand signals so he has to focus on me.

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have 2 more classes with his private trainer, and then she is getting married and moving to San Diego! I am so bummed. I really like her methods and Wolfie loves her.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Loved Wolfie's video--just adorable! He is so responsive and looks impressive, too. What methods does Wolfie's private trainer use? The fact that Wolfie loves her is a good recommendation for them, also the fact that you like them, since it is obvious that you love him a great deal and care about his wellbeing.

Wilhoit love going to his training class, too, and would become quite animated when I told him we were going--normally he was very phlegmatic.

Cecilia

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
OMG I watched the video 2x---and your voice sounds JUST LIKE mine when I tape Max! CREEPY!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Haha, I love the high pitch squeal of excitement, and Rambo does that same little half bark thing when he's practicing his commands--just can't contain themselves sometimes! haha

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OMG I watched the video 2x---and your voice sounds JUST LIKE mine when I tape Max! CREEPY!
That is creepy! I'll bet you don't have the Boston accent though. LOL

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Loved Wolfie's video--just adorable! He is so responsive and looks impressive, too. What methods does Wolfie's private trainer use? The fact that Wolfie loves her is a good recommendation for them, also the fact that you like them, since it is obvious that you love him a great deal and care about his wellbeing.

Wilhoit love going to his training class, too, and would become quite animated when I told him we were going--normally he was very phlegmatic.

Cecilia
Thanks. I'm not sure of the method she uses. She's got a no nonsense approach to training, but she's very calm with the dogs. If they do something wrong, just a calm but stern "no" and a lot of patience is what she uses. She doesn't believe in rewarding with treats or toys, just a " good boy" and a pat on the head, and some extra praise the first few times they get something right.

·
Registered
505 Posts
While I was watching the video...Stryder came up and watched too...he wantes to go to doggy school with Wolfie too!! (He started wining and trying to get me to get up)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Thanks. I'm not sure of the method she uses. She's got a no nonsense approach to training, but she's very calm with the dogs. If they do something wrong, just a calm but stern "no" and a lot of patience is what she uses. She doesn't believe in rewarding with treats or toys, just a " good boy" and a pat on the head, and some extra praise the first few times they get something right.
That is fascinating! Obviously, Wolfie really responds to working with and for you. What a good dog! The fact that a really good trainer like Wolfie's just rewards with praise made me feel better about the way I trained Wilhoit. I thought I was very inadequate because I just showed him what to do, he'd do it and I praised him, and then he loved doing it. I figured the fact he was so nicely trained was because he was such a good dog and not because of me. Now, I see I wasn't an inadequate trainer (although he was a very good dog). Although I do want to learn much more about training, I guess I did know enough about the basics. Thank you. I always love hearing about Wolfie.

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
While I was watching the video...Stryder came up and watched too...he wantes to go to doggy school with Wolfie too!! (He started wining and trying to get me to get up)
HAHAHA!! That's so cute!!

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That is fascinating! Obviously, Wolfie really responds to working with and for you. What a good dog! The fact that a really good trainer like Wolfie's just rewards with praise made me feel better about the way I trained Wilhoit. I thought I was very inadequate because I just showed him what to do, he'd do it and I praised him, and then he loved doing it. I figured the fact he was so nicely trained was because he was such a good dog and not because of me. Now, I see I wasn't an inadequate trainer (although he was a very good dog). Although I do want to learn much more about training, I guess I did know enough about the basics. Thank you. I always love hearing about Wolfie.
I like the praise method because to me it seems more useful in the real world. Let's face it, you aren't always going to have a treat on hand when your dog does something that deserves a reward.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts