German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If someone could point me in a good direction to find a nice but afforadable leather leash and a martingale collar. I'd prefer that they come from the same website to save on shipping, but if there is an absolute favorite for either one just let me know too. I went to the local petstores, but didn't really see anything that I liked.

Also, for the martingale collars, do you recommend the all cloth ones or the ones with some chain. I thought the all cloth ones would be easier on the fur than the chain ones.

Thanks for any recommendations!

·
Registered
12,829 Posts
I like Lupine products - they're cloth (nylon?) - they wear like iron. They guarantee your dog can't break it. Even if your dog chews it up, they'll replace it.

Bonus - great patterns and they go in the washing machine after puppy takes a mud bath.

This guy on ebay sells them
http://search.stores.ebay.com/Tims-Disco...9823173QQsofpZ0

·
Registered
339 Posts
I actually went to petsmart and bought one of their cheap medium size martingales and used my GSDs old puppy collar (about 18in max) but it wasnt too thick maybe 3/4 thickness.

I cut the chain part off the petsmart martingale and then took the old puppy collar and measured the exact fit she needed for a martingale.

I then took it to a shoe repair place and had them stitch/rivet it in place. I love it! I could never find a decent priced leather martingale anywhere and it's one of my favorite to use.

I also buy my leather leashes from leerburg.com or in the past i've gone to a feed store and bought some horse reins and then had hooks and handles made at the same shoe repair place.

The guy things im nuts im sure but he gets really good business out of me as i've had them made for friends, etc... It's great to do that with old worn out leather dog collars. Or if you are like me and just like buying new collars every now and then. it makes me feel less wasteful I suppose!

If i find my digital camera ill take some pics of a few I have around the house.

Also jandjdog.com have some decent products. I honestly dont like their leather leashes all that much but I have bought one of their braided leather collars. They last a lifetime.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I've never had a martigale, but I have Leerburg collar, 4 ft, 6 ft leashes, and the 18" traffic leash from them. I LOVE them. Very thick, soft supple, strong leather - handmade by Amish. Worth the money IMO.

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
http://www.pawmark.com sells braided leather leashes and matching leather martingales. I have some and they are very nice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts