German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just recently started using Walmart for Nikki's medications, since she lost her insurance this year.

Some of her meds are 1/2 price or less compared to buying them from her veterinarian. With Nikki having several chronic health issues, the savings really add up.

For example, we paid $144 for her Tylan powder and I just paid $39 with Auto-Ship from Walmart :oops:

tylan.PNG

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
Nice deal!!!

For human-use meds prescribed to dogs, you usually can also price-check Walmart in-store pharmacy (and Costco and others nearby) using GoodRX.com. Sometimes there are significant savings printing out a GoodRX coupon to take to particular pharmacies (and most of the time it works for pet prescriptions -- once in a long while there will be a code that doesn't allow it, but that's super-rare).

The last eye drops I needed from the vet ophthalmologist cost close to $150 at the vet school clinic. They warned me that they had gotten very expensive and I might find them cheaper at a human phramacy. With GoodRX, the cheapest price locally was at the Albertson's supermarket pharmacy -- and I paid just $17 with the GoodRX coupon, for the same size bottle.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice deal!!!

For human-use meds prescribed to dogs, you usually can also price-check Walmart in-store pharmacy (and Costco and others nearby) using GoodRX.com. Sometimes there are significant savings printing out a GoodRX coupon to take to particular pharmacies (and most of the time it works for pet prescriptions -- once in a long while there will be a code that doesn't allow it, but that's super-rare).

The last eye drops I needed from the vet ophthalmologist cost close to $150 at the vet school clinic. They warned me that they had gotten very expensive and I might find them cheaper at a human phramacy. With GoodRX, the cheapest price locally was at the Albertson's supermarket pharmacy -- and I paid just $17 with the GoodRX coupon, for the same size bottle.
Nice deal!!!

I'm going to hopefully use the GoodRX coupon for her Tacrolimus, since I can't find it at Walmart PetRx.

Her Dermatologist gave us the ok for using the generic version, which helps a lot also.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well, I would like to suggest one more place where you can get coupons with significant savings that are verifiedcouponcode this coupon will take you to specific pharmacy and that will help you to get a spectacular discount

·
Registered
509 Posts
We ordered tacrolimus from Canada. It was much, much less expensive that way, maybe a third of the best price we could find here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts