German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted on SITUATIONS REQUIRING IMMEDIATE ATTENTION - KY_CENTRAL

Wallingford, KY: Black German Shephed Needs Rescue ASAP!

POSTED 1/23

Bear is a 2 yr old male, 76 lbs, great with other dogs and cats and with my daughter. Was an owner surrender due to no longer being able to care for him. Beautiful dog! We are now the Fleming County Animal Shelter as our county’s dogs had no where to go. We need to keep these guys moving out so we are not faced with euthanasia. I am bound and determined with everyone’s help we will be a no kill shelter unless faced with a vicious dog. Please cross post to all reputable rescues. Thank You! Stephanie

Fleming Rescue
Wallingford, KY
www.flemingrescue.org

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Bump-what a handsome boy!

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
BUMP, BUMP, BUMP what a NICE HANDSOME boy !!!! :wub:

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No update on KY Cenral, so still urgent.
His mate (looks like a lab/GSD mix) and 5 mths old daughter (has the looks of a pb GSD pup!) are also in need of rescue:

POSTED 1/23 All three were owner surrenders, family no longer able to care for them
All are great dogs. Very loyal and have found no problems with them. Will be vetted as soon a someone can step up to take them.

Bear (dad) is a 2 yr old male, 76 lbs, great with other dogs and cats and with my daughter. Beautiful dog!

Rosie (mom) 2 years old. 71lbs

Sara (baby) 5 months 34 lbs

We are now the Fleming County Animal Shelter as our county’s dogs had no where to go. We need to keep these guys moving out so we are not faced with euthanasia.
I am bound and determined with everyone’s help we will be a no kill shelter unless faced with a vicious dog. Please cross post to all reputable rescues. Thank You! Stephanie

Fleming Rescue
Wallingford, KY
www.flemingrescue.org

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
What a beautiful little family - just look at that adorable baby :wub: In desperate need of rescue though, they are all still URGENT.

Anja SchH3 GSD
Conor GSD
Blue BH WH T1 GSD - waiting at the Bridge :angel:

·
Registered
470 Posts
Reached out to them today... have not rcvd a response, yet. We would not be able to take all 3 but I know we could find a place for Bear, at minimum. Will need some help with transport from KY to NC.

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
BUMP for the BGSD's............... :help: :help:

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Reached out to them today... have not rcvd a response, yet. We would not be able to take all 3 but I know we could find a place for Bear, at minimum. Will need some help with transport from KY to NC.
Thanks so much, Alisa! Did the shelter respond? Any news? Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I got this reply today:

"Bear is supposed to go to Louisville today or tomorrow, now..........Sara the pup got adopted this weekend.......so that leaves Rosie, the momma is still unspoken for, she has the shepard muzzle and ears...when she perks them, but the top of her head looks lab'ish........she has the german disposition"

So this can be moved to adopted.

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
I feel sad for Rosie - she is going to be left without her family :(.....good news for Bear and the baby though....

Anja Schh3 GSD
Conor GSD
Blue BH WH T1 GSD - waiting at the Bridge :angel:

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
More information on the female pure please? You can PM me as well. I may be interested in her.

Thank you!

-E

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Erich, The best way to find out more about her is to contact the shelter/rescue asap, contact info in OP. They are desperately full. Thank you for considering her! She'd be quite a find, in foster care, and known behavior incl. w/ k/d/c.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts