German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are making PROGRESS on the walking front. It still seems to be a better, more relaxed walk if we are away from our housing addition and go into one of the parks / trails...so that's what we do for 1 hour a day.

We have 4 different trails I rotate with and they seem to be a nice routine for Roxy now. I use 2 different collar combos. I have a martingale ( thank u to those who suggested that) and I also have a Caesar Millan harness. Both seem to work. I think I like the harness a bit better...something about having that around her seems to relax her a bit.

She has done a GREAT job of socializing on walks. She is getting way better about approaching people and other dogs. If we see a dog coming I will try to ask the person before they get to me if it's ok for an introduction..I have not had one person say no yet so it's been a very positive thing. She's met big dogs, little dogs. Old people, young people, kids ( omg she loves kids) We walked our riverfront for the first time the other day and she had a petting club..everybody wanted to pet her and she just soaked it up.

the neighbor next door brought his mix dog over and we let her and Roxy play in our penned in area. Roxy was ok as long as she was doing the chasing..when Biscuit turned to chase her then Roxy came running over around me acting like she was getting killed. But then that seemed to be the game they played.
My best friend brought her labordoodle over and they had fun playing...same thing..turned them loose in the penned in area after a meet and greet. ( we both were in there and had their leashes on in case we had to run an intervention. All went well.

the howling has pretty much stopped when I leave. She's getting it now ..I'm coming back..might be 5 minutes..might be an hour but I am coming back.

Just everything is almost too perfect. You know when something is just too good to be true and you keep waiting for the wind to be knocked out of your sail? I hate being like that ...but it's just been too easy. I just hope I've got this crazy laid back dog like dogdad does..and not this is a calm before the storm :eek:

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Unrelated, but thank you for being one of those people that asks permission for your dog to greet. An idiot ruined my training session the other day when she let her little dogs run up on their flexis to my big barking puppy, who, go figure, was learning how to not bark and show self control when other dogs were around lol :D obviously that went straight to a fail mode when the charging little dogs pushed her over her excitement limit :rofl:

Sounds like everything is going great, GOOD JOB!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts