German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. I'm not sure if you have a question or if you are just stating a fact? It sounds like your dog may need more exercise to prevent the unwanted behavior. How often does the puppy get exercise?

·
Registered
137 Posts
I am a total newbie trying to learn the ropes with my new German Shepherd puppy. I was having trouble on walks with him. He first used a leash a week ago today. So, the leash was pretty strange.

I now play fetch or tug-of-war inside with him for a few minutes before going outside for our walks. It seems to bring his energy down to a reasonable level so that we can learn to walk well together.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thankyou it was a question, he's just not a pleasure to walk at the moment, I take him out twice a day, he is 18 weeks old, I will try and tire him a bit before walking thankyou,

·
Registered
89 Posts
My Blu is very energetic so before we go on our walks, we play fetch with a tennis ball for about 15 minutes in our back yard before we go to the park. That helps immensely.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am a total newbie trying to learn the ropes with my new German Shepherd puppy. I was having trouble on walks with him. He first used a leash a week ago today. So, the leash was pretty strange.

I now play fetch or tug-of-war inside with him for a few minutes before going outside for our walks. It seems to bring his energy down to a reasonable level so that we can learn to walk well together.
My Blu is very energetic so before we go on our walks, we play fetch with a tennis ball for about 15 minutes in our back yard before we go to the park. That helps immensely.
Than you will try doing the same 😊😊

·
Registered
110 Posts
Practice walking on the leash in the house. You can work on leash manners while he isn't so excited.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts