German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We took in 2 gsd puppies that are 4 weeks, we’re going to Texas this week and I need to show them how to walk on leashes they already know how to eat, and drink, and walk perfectly fine, once we get there were not walking going to let them walk all day. any tips? Also if your wondering why we got them so early, we’ll the breeders dam stopped feeding them so we took two in. We will not leave them with other people.

·
Super Moderator
32,031 Posts
I'm a little confused. Wasn't the breeder feeding the pups once the dam stopped?

In any case, I would not be concerned about teaching 4 week old puppies to walk on leash. The chances of them being exposed to something that can kill them is way too high for them to be walking around outdoors. Why don't you just carry them from place to place?

·
4,492 Posts
time to borrow a doggy stroller. if you are in a safe place, pups won't go far so they don't really need the leash. Even at 8 weeks if you try to teach strict leash walking both you and the pup can end up very frustrated. When my big boy was that small and we didn't have a fence we stayed in the yard, even leashed. On a snow covered day on our nearly abandoned street, we did take a short walk but leash rules didn't apply.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts