German Shepherds Forum banner

141 - 142 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
I think walking with activities involved is tiring mentally for them though. As in walking to a spot then people watching. Or training sit, heel, down etc on a walk. Or walk with sprints mixed in occasionally. You gotta keep their mind busy

some days I’ll run my guy all over but he won’t settle bc we didn’t really do anything. I’ve noticed for him a 1 mile walk in a new area is 10x more tiring than a 3 mile walk or even sprints/jogging in the same boring area . New sights and smells gets my guy reallyyyy tired

·
Registered
7,495 Posts
If your dog is real for any kind of running or swimming won’t tire them out either. Walks depends on weather and how much they can explore. I’m not a jogger never will be. Bike rides he’s but that is seasonal and not as frequent. We have trails outs in the woods we visit then will walk through the neighborhood. Mental stimulations is just as important and physical. I do notice they really enjoy all the smells of the trails it seems to keep them content. Having two dogs they really run a lot together even in the backyard. I do like the walks in the people park there are places I can let them run. If it’s crowded or busy they are entertained on the leash exploring and seem just as satisfied - although it is important to be able to give them those free runs. I can tell when they have pent up energy and just need to fly around.

Attachments

141 - 142 of 142 Posts