German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took Yula for a walk/jog today at the park. We walk for about an hour, and jog for about 10 minutes. I wanted to go back to the car to get some water, then walk some more. When I open the back door she just jumped in. I try to pull her back out, but she didn't want to go back out. I think my uncle haven't took her for a walk in a long time, so she got exhausted early? She did get some compliments from other joggers lol. She tend to go after other dogs, and people riding bikes. I have to put some force to pull her back. She doesn't go after my other dogs at home though. Shes off the leash at home though.
What kind of collars that you guys could recommend? Currently she has this leather collar. I don't want anything really expensive. I'm still a college student. I'm also thinking about buying her a saddle pack because I hate walking back to the car to get some water.

·
Super Moderator
32,423 Posts
A good saddle pack is going to run you $50 to $60. You could get yourself a fanny pack instead - there are packs made for runners that are lightweight and can hold one or two water bottles, along with a few incidentals. I have packs for both dogs, but sometimes I wear my fanny pack instead. It holds two bottles, one for me, one for the dog, with a pouch between them for my car keys, cell phone, poop bags, and collapsible water dish for the dogs. I think I paid around $25 for it.

·
Banned
5,219 Posts
You don't say how old your dog is.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
with a doggie pack, you have to build her up to a full load. If she's getting tired that easily, you need to build her up to activity first. When/if you get the saddle pack, she needs to first get used to just wearing it and then she needs to get used to carrying it EMPTY for 1-2 weeks. each week, if you're consistent in exercise, you can slowly add a little bit of weight evenly until she's carrying a full pack.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts