German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I am not the biggest fan of Monday mornings especially after a long weekend. But this morning I was sort of sleeping and I felt Brady get into bed with me and he started to give me baby kisses on my nose to wake me up!!

It was so cute my big tough GSD!!! I just love these mornings!!!
What does your GSD to wake you up!!

·
Banned
2,415 Posts
Timber, my GSD does the same darn thing and jumps on the bed. He is not allowed allowed to sleep with me at night.

My adopted dog, licks the face, but someone trained her never to jump upon the bed or furniture.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Molly is not allowed on my bed, but if she was I can see her climbing up into bed and giving me kisses. Right now she takes her nose and nudges me in the morning. I just happen to always sleep facing the outside of the bed and she is at that perfect height to walk up and bop me one. Then I get kisses. I love seeing her cute face in the morning.

·
Registered
11,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally Posted By: Lola1969Ozzy will sit inches from my face and whine. If that doesn't work, he grabs the toilet paper and starts throwing it around the bedroom.

No sweet kisses for me!
OMG I'd kill him!! but it is funny.
Not every morning is the kisses. As a matter of fact the other day he did the whining one too

G

·
0 Posts
The GSDs almost never wake us up. Cats beat them to it.

Do you know what it's like to have a hungry Tonkinese howl in your ear?

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
My husband works at nights so he comes home in the morning and walks the dogs. After Elmo gets fed, he runs back upstairs to say good morning to me. He usually just licks my hand from the side of the bed. Then, he wants me to pet him and scratch his butt.

Yesterday, I was sound asleep, so he decided to jump on the bed and give me kisses. It's very sweet. Every morning he's so happy and he has to come and share that with me. I feel like he's telling me "I went outside and had breakfast mommy. I'm so happy!" Then, he goes back to sleep.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My GSD whining and dragging noisy toys in the bedroom. If I don't pay attention to him he starts climbing on the bed (he is not allowed on our bed) and kissing me. Every morning he so happy to see us like he's telling us "I missed you guys, all night long". Then walk, breakfast and he goes back to sleep.

·
Registered
598 Posts
On the mornings that Kodee wakes me up, it's usually with a cold, wet nose pressed into my hand. Occassionally I'll wake up, open my eyes, and he's sitting there staring at me - I swear, he looks like he's willing me to wake up! LOL!

But that cold, wet nose always seems to end up in the palm of my hand, as I sleep facing towards my side of the bed, with my arm out. LOL! Sweet! I think I like this better than doggie kisses...

·
Registered
117 Posts
Riley starts banging the door to his crate and sighing really loud...
mom, wake up, lemme outta here...

·
Registered
606 Posts
Shadow jumps up and down on the bed, and if that doesn't work, he starts whining which in turn brings the two kids in. Goodbye sleep with the three of them in on the game.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Aww, what would we do without them? I wouldn't trade any of that in for anything.

My dog sleeps in a crate near the bed and when she wants out, she moves around which makes noise. Then she sits there, staring at me, just waiting for me to look at her. When she knows she has my attention, she then puts her front paw on the door. I look at her and I'm thinking if I ignore her will she go back to sleep. The guilt of her needing to go potty over weighs my desire for staying in bed. lol.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Kaiser usually doesn't wake me up unless he has to go outside or if he's hungry for breakfast (he doesn't eat breakfast everyday).

He either licks my face, lifts my arm with his nose, or puts his nose in the small of my back, depending on which side I'm laying on. If none of those work, then he keeps his back half on the floor and lays across me with his front half!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts