German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Voting starts 02/12. If we keep this bumped up and voting as much as possible we have a good shot at winning. The top three winners win from 1,000 to 10,000 donated to the pet charity of your choice.

I recently registered to volunteer with this wonderful organization who's director is very dedicated to helping and loving these GSD's so lets keep this bumped up and keep voting!

I will post the new link after each weeks voting is complete if she gets enough votes. I will also donate the $25 gift card to the rescue if she wins for that week.

BISSELL MVP Pet Photo Contest | Pet Details for "Lulu"

KEEP VOTING! :wub:

·
Registered
572 Posts
Hi Lisa! What an adorable picture of Lulu. :wub: I will definitely vote for her starting on the 12th. We can vote once per day, right?

Congratulations on hooking up with the Central Colorado GSD Rescue. Sounds like a very worthy orginization!

Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Lisa! What an adorable picture of Lulu. :wub: I will definitely vote for her starting on the 12th. We can vote once per day, right?

Congratulations on hooking up with the Central Colorado GSD Rescue. Sounds like a very worthy orginization!

Good Luck!
Thanks Sarah and beautiful Khyber! I just looked it up and it says you can only vote for one pet per period (1 week) once you log in. If I narrow it down to the people here who will actually register and vote this will be a lot harder than I thought! :rolleyes:

Yeah, they are a worthy orginization for sure and you can see how very much the director loves the dogs. I fell in love with the dog of theirs I helped transport today, absolutely beautiful and sweet boy! I wanted him :wub:

·
Registered
572 Posts
Well, I will certainly be casting my vote for you guys. I hope you and Lulu win!

I'm glad you are enjoying volunteering, although it must be difficult to exercise your self restraint. It must be hard not to take home all the great dogs you meet! :laugh: On that note, do you have a link handy to the GSD Rescue ofCentral Colorado? I'd like to check them out!

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
German Shepherd Rescue of Central Colorado If you look down at the dogs available 'Campion' is the one I met today and he's 10 times more beautiful in person with a very gentle and loving personality. I want a larger place so I can get another GSD! :) One day... :fingerscrossed:

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You guys rock!! Thanks :)

·
Registered
9,438 Posts
Lisa,
Thanks for getting this started! Adorable picture of Lulu!

Connie does a great job. We actually met on this forum and later in person when a dog she had pulled - also from the Urgent forum here - was transported to Colorado. She works really hard for the dogs.

My Sammy is a failed transport. I picked him up first and was waiting for another dog who was coming in from Kansas. The transporter was running two hours late so I decided to bring Sam home for a while. Well, that was the end of that! He's now been with us two years in July. I will forever be grateful to Connie for asking me to transport that weekend!

If any of you Coloradoans would like to volunteer, please contact Connie via the website, or you can PM me here on the forum.

Foster homes are always needed as is transport!

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow, Kris! That is such a great story! LOL "failed transport" ! Sounds like a very successful transport to me! Just to a different place than intended :D.

And yes, after meeting Connie today I can see what a wonderfully caring person she is and how much she loves these dogs. If I had the setup i would have filled out an application right there and hoped to get Campion myself! I hope to be able to work a lot more with her in the near future with transports and wherever I can since I cannot foster. We are about an hour or so apart so it makes it a little tough to just pop over and help out around the kennel but I am definitely going to plan on doing that when I can :)

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh and I curse you for even mentioning Campion. You got us thinking about it very hard. :help:
LOL TitonsDad! I don't think Campion will have any trouble finding a home. In fact I believe he may be about spoken for but certainly wouldn't hurt to fill out an app! Stunning dog with a very gentle disposition.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh, and let's not forget they advertise the contest here on GSD.com in a banner ad so clicking on their ad helps GSD.com as well :D If you want to go that route Lou's number is #0604751

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
K, I gave her her first vote :)

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Okay, so far we are not doing so well LOL thank you to the one person from here I think who voted for her!

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
78 Posts
Not a problem at all! Hey.. At least we tried right?! :)

Back when I first joined the forum, I remember there was talk going on about a Colorado meet.. Perhaps we can put something like that together again come spring time when we all can enjoy some warmer temps and some sunshine!

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 22 Posts