German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, this morning I woke up to a weird noise. I soon realized it was a weird gurgling noise coming from Chance. Soon as I realized that, he threw up. I started freaking out and feeling his stomach and stuff and seeing if it could be bloat. (He hadn't eaten in over 10 hours though and wasn't showing any signs besides throwing up) He threw up twice and then the noises stopped. Both times was just a bunch of yellow stomach ick. No food since like I said, he hadn't eaten in like 10 hours. Well I just fed him like an hour ago and all of a sudden I hear him throw up again, only this time it's food that hasn't even really been digested. So I've got a pile of (And as I speak he acts like he's going to throw up again but he only did it twice and now has stopped) vomit on my rug. I got it cleaned up now but I'm a bit worried about him.

I don't know if it has anything to do with it but he also pee'd on my bed last night and thats NOT like him. He's never gone in the house! (Ok, now he's about to throw up again or acts like it)

I'm worried about it and mom just keeps telling me to put him outside so he doesn't throw up in the house! I've got him in his crate for now but I'm super worried and don't know what could be causing him to throw up! I'm scared to death he could be starting to bloat but my mom keeps telling me theres "nothing she can do". I asked for some Gas-X and she said we don't have any. I know shes sick (Sever kidney infection plus has some kidney stones, she's been in and out the ER the last few days) but so's my baby and I'm worried sick about him. If he doesn't stop by tomorrow I'm going to see if my brother will take me to the vet.
I've got the money, mom just doesn't want to get out of bed. (Which I understand but I'm just the kind of person who even if I'd just been stabbed, I'd still pick up my dog and rush it somewhere before I got help for myself)

Any idea what could be wrong?!

He's acting fine now but ehhh...x_x; I've been to **** and back with this dog, I can't help but worry something else will happen.

·
Banned
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I should probably add more now that I think about it...

He hasn't gotten into anything that I've discovered, nothing weird in the throw up (So he didn't eat something he wasn't suppose to), he seems to be acting normal, theres been no change in his diet...

Maybe the stress of having new dogs over last night caused it? (Plus my grandma was a new experience for him) But they left super early this morning (And got here really really late) so would he still be stressed over it? (Could be the reason he pee'd on my bed though he's never marked having a new dog or new anything in the house)

I'm trying to think of something, anything, but I'm not coming up with much and it's killing me. -____-;

·
Banned
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He's doing better today. He gave a little gag this morning after his breakfast but after that he was fine. Which is good because he was suppose to take his Heartguard yesterday but I didn't want him to throw it up so I held off on giving it to him. So he was able to get that.

I gotta stop by soon and grab some more Heartguard from the vet and I'm going to get him a check up while I'm there to get him weighted and ask a few questions about some things. So we'll get him checked out just to make sure he's ok.
I think it was just the chaos got to him.

Just to be on the safe side, I split his food into 4 meals for today so he takes it slow. I might continue this, normally he gets 2 meals but maybe 4 meals will be better.

·
Banned
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright, last night he threw up again. He was "nice" enough to leave it on my bed, on my last clean blanket instead of the floor. (At least it wasn't on my mattress!) He's still acting fine.
Nothing but the yellow stuff again this time. Oh and a little grass which is weird because I've never seen Chance eat grass. Which makes me wonder if he's done eatten one of those darn spikey things that's always getting on my girls coat. (I -just- now thought about that. =S) Not sure what they are/are called. They're little brown "seeds" that stick to -everything-. I haven't found one in a few weeks anywhere on the dogs/in the house but that doesn't mean it's not possible he could have found one. But I'd be thinking he'd be doing it at every meal if that was the case? (And last night it was maybe 3 or 4 hours after he'd eaten. I'm trying to do 3-4 meals a day) I'm picking up a doggy thermomether this week and taking him to the vet Tuesday. It's the soonest I can get there. Mom said we could go today but now that she's better, she went right to her boyfriends house soon as she woke up. -_-; They're closed tomorrow and mom and 2 of my 3 brothers leaves for Flordia, Monday. (And my 3rd brother, even though he's the oldest, doesn't have a car) My grandma wont be here until late Monday and so hopefully she'll take me Tuesday.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Sounds like what happens to Kiefer - he will throw up some bile if he goes to long between feedings. I pretty much have to time his feedings down to the hour so that this doesn't happen. I usually will feed Kiefer every 10 hours, with his biggest feeding at night.

Hope that is all that it is for Chance too!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts