German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

We have given Sasha a bizzle stick to chew on and she loves them. Thing is the next morning after chewing it the night before she vomits white foam.

Anyone else experience this with their pups?

Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Maybe try a new bone? Mine only gets Marrow Bones from the local butcher... but generally when I see something that seems odd with a food I stop giving it to him ... he may love it... but he'll love the next thing I give him too.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Yes, many many years ago with my first and last experience giving rawhide. Just keep an eye on her that she is eating and drinking water ok. Sometimes they may have 1 or 2 vomiting after eating something like that, (read up on why some rawhide or sticks are not good for your dogs) but should be thirsty and drinking lots of water. If she isnt eating or drinking you might want to take her to the vet just to make sure shes okay.

·
Premium Member
16,941 Posts
Is this always in the morning before she gets her breakfast? Could be from an empty stomach. The chewing action can trigger a release of stomach acids, and/or bile. Common for some dogs to throw up foamy white/yellow stuff in the morning from having an empty stomach.

Try giving a snack just before bedtime of a couple of dog biscuits, or anything else you like to give as treats and see if it helps.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you everyone. Sasha drinks alot she has been eating to.

We have not given her the bizzle stick and seems to be better.

Thanks again for the responses.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts