German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any talkers?

My grandparents have a GSD who is the most talkative dog I have ever met. He talks more than most humans I think. Sometimes he'll lay his head on your lap and look at you and make all sorts of whines and whimpers and soft barks. He's been like this since he was a pup and is now 9!

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
I have a talker. She talks mostly to the other dogs, especially when she wants to play or wants a toy they have. She will talk to me sometimes when she wants something. I really get her going when I talk back to her...she always wants the last word:)

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discoe mumbles, she grumbles, she wuffs and especially makes as much noise as possible while yawning. She especially likes when I get home from a long day at work and ask her how her day went. I love her stark contrast to Reba, who rarely even makes a peep. I think when she barks, she even surprises herself sometimes.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Scarlett is a talker, but nothing compared to our GSD/Husky who could literally carry on a conversation with you. If she had something to say, she told you! I miss talking to her...

·
Registered
995 Posts
Mine barks in the little girls' voice when playing. She grumbles and whines when she gets her ears cleaned for minutes AFTER the cleaning is done. I find the talking endearing.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Mine is an extrearme barker when we are playing fetch or when he is excited and doing tricks. I am very happy that he does not get bored enough to bark his head off ever.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Koda LOVES to talk!!! She sometimes makes me think of a husky. She can say mama, and can grumble in a way that sounds like "up, out mama." xD
She also talks back to me. Anytime I get onto her, she'll listen to me. But once she obeys she glares at me and will just grumble, growl and whine.
If I ask her what she wants, she shows me while grumbling and growling. She also loves to sing :)

·
Registered
9,346 Posts
He talks when he needs to, not that much. He definitely has different barks for different situations.

Yawning is always with a very high-pitched whine, and sometimes a "nnnum-num." Hilarious.

Lately he has begun to do this really deep grumble when he gets a neck massage from me, LOL.

Such a deep voice for a puppy. Cracks me up.

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
I don't really have any talkers,but Shelby has a whole vocabulary of differents groans. She always does it when she is laying down or shifting her body in some other way. I guess the sounds go with the movement.

·
Registered
423 Posts
My Luna is a barker, more so now that she's an old lady, lol. She will see something off in the yard and will let the whole world know she sees it and alerting us! Other than that she's pretty quiet. Now, our Jaeger will talk sometimes, he cracks us up a lot. If he wants to play and we're ignoring him, he will stare, and woof, grumble to get our attention before practically throwing the toy at our lap. If we still ignore him (which we do just to get this response, lol). He will woof louder and give out a few growls with the woofs, accompanied by a couple whines in there. What really amuses us, is when he sees the neighbor dog, or a rabbit, or we have a car in the driveway doing a turn around (which happens often, we're in the country) he will bark, the cry like a little baby, whining, and moaning like crazy. It's too funny to hear this big 100 lb boy cry like an infant! :):)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts