German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My pup is 5 months old, I walk him regularly. should i start giving him joint supplements? Or is that something you give them if joint problems come up? Also when's a good time to get his first hip X-rays for just a check up? Any insight would be awesome. Thanks :)

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
I looked on the label of the Nordic Omega 3 Pet gels - there was not any age restriction, just the dosage based on the weight of the dog or cat. So, it looks like you could start. I didn't start my Sting until he was about a year. For the hip X-ray, I would check on the OFA website as I know preliminaries can be done early. I suggest you also check with your vet on the age to start the supplements and also about the hip X-rays.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I looked on the label of the Nordic Omega 3 Pet gels - there was not any age restriction, just the dosage based on the weight of the dog or cat. So, it looks like you could start. I didn't start my Sting until he was about a year. For the hip X-ray, I would check on the OFA website as I know preliminaries can be done early. I suggest you also check with your vet on the age to start the supplements and also about the hip X-rays.
Okay I will look into those. I'm actually getting him microchipped in a couple of weeks so I will ask him then. The breeder said he was hip guaranteed for a year, idk if that even means anything. I just want to take precautions now because he is super clumsy and I'm just really paranoid.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 3 of 3 Posts