German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
I give Lady Jane 2,000 mg of Ester-C per day. I didn't think it was working so when I ran out - I didn't buy more. After a few days I noticed that she wasn't as active.

·
Registered
478 Posts
i do the nupro silver on storm and my other 4. it has the ester c. i'm going on the website now to see how many milligrams it contains. might have to boost it up some. Nupro also has the chrondroitin and glucosimine in it too. my lab/shep mix is 11 and i've never given him any supplements until a few years ago, but he's doing great, so who knows. interesting study though. thanx for the share.

·
Super Moderator
7,240 Posts
^mine are on nupro silver as well as a separate ester c vitamin just until i finish the bottle.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Lady Jane takes Springtime Joint Health Chewables along with the Ester-C. This supplement has some Vit C, but not a lot.

·
Super Moderator
27,461 Posts

·
Registered
16,649 Posts
Rafi (who has HD) was on 2000mg of Ester C a day plus a double dose of the Springtime Inc. Longevity. I had to cut the Ester C back to 1000mg a day and haven't noticed a difference. If I cut back the Longevity at all I notice a HUGE difference (much more inflammation, etc.). I've had a number of my dogs on high doses of Ester C and I have to admit I'm still on the fence as to whether it really makes a difference...or maybe 2000mg a day is not enough.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Full Moon Farm had a large rescue of canines....wolfdogs and some most likekly not. The bunch had been sporadically fed the worst cheap stuff. ALL of the animals had rickets and most had / have HD.

Powell

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
Originally Posted By: PowellFull Moon Farm had a large rescue of canines....wolfdogs and some most likekly not. The bunch had been sporadically fed the worst cheap stuff. ALL of the animals had rickets and most had / have HD.
This would go in hand with the accusation of a german vet claiming, that HD is caused by malnutrition (through processed food). The Error of the Millennium in Veterinary Medicine

Every breeder should do their own experiments and supplement their pregnant bitch- and later puppies- with high doses of VitC- as recommended by Belfield. Wouldn't it be great if none of those dogs would turn out displastic and HD could actually be erraticated. Question is, if they truly care about their dogs and what they produce, why does nobody do it??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts