German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My boy is about 19 months old and has developed an aggressive streak towards other dogs and bicyclists on the streets when we are walking nearby, but strangers that come to the house he greets calmly and is delighted to meet them. I try to take him to different places to walk (sometimes even driving to a new park) so that he doesn't establish a territory, but I can't figure this one out. It seems backwards to me. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I think you're right about the on-leash aggression. He does get nervous and starts to grab at the leash and tries to pull it from me. I've done focus training with him and he can do it in the house, but is unresponsive to food outside of the house. I guess I just have to find something more attention-grabbing for outside. He gets so worked up with the prong it actually excites him further, and I might get bitten by accident.

He does walk correctly on the leash though, always at my side and generally loose leash.

Any suggestions for getting focus outside when he won't even look to begin with?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts