German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to visit the local club and was wondering if anyone could give me advice on what to look for. I've never been involved with Schutzhund but am looking at potentially getting involved. I have already contacted the group and they gave me info to come watch. Any advice besides enjoy? ;)

·
Premium Member
11,313 Posts
Take a crate if you take your dog and leave your dog in a crate until asked to bring him out.....if you need to break him (ie potty) ask beforehand and where the break area is...

the most annoying thing when visitors came was that they wanted to keep their dog out the whole time....and they did not bring a crate or want to crate their dog...one lady's dog ate the back of her drivers seat in a range rover, another guy had a cane corso that did not crate so he'd leave it loose in the car...well it was HOT, teh dog came out the open windows a couple of times after other dogs....

Good luck and have fun!

Lee

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Going solo to this one so no worries, but I appreciate the advice. I almost made that my mistake to my first SAR training but shoved a crate in last minute, phew :eek:. Pretty excited to see what its all about, I have a feeling I will get hooked ;)

·
Super Moderator
18,687 Posts
Watch, listen, ask questions if you don't understand something, listen, pay attention, do a lot of observing. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts