German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i dont know why but the first link isnt showing up like the other two so youll just have to click on it. its the funniest one.
ill try posting the first one again.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Looks like Holly is doing a " Hold and Bark" on the kitty. Lol cute videos... Holly is adorable!

·
Registered
16,649 Posts
Your puppy is very cute but I would stop playing with the laser immediately. It can cause VERY serious OCD problems in dogs that are almost impossible to stop.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Your puppy is very cute but I would stop playing with the laser immediately. It can cause VERY serious OCD problems in dogs that are almost impossible to stop.
I was just about to give the same warning.

·
Premium Member
27,460 Posts
Loved the videos and the regular flashlight was fine to use.

And as funny as the cat video was for us to watch......... I'm thinking the level of enjoyment for your cat was low to not at all.

I also have cats and dogs and I want them to get along (they do) but not necessarily for my dogs to look at them as an exciting play toy. Cause I've seen what my dogs do to their toys and it's not pretty. All the barking and pawing would really ramp my dogs up into their play/PREY drive level and if my cat then darted off to end the game it maybe wouldn't be pretty (even if still 'play' to my dogs there is quite a weight difference going on).

So generally I encourage more the loving calm times with my dogs/cat rather than the rousing playtimes. Just stepping in between, saying quiet, or going off to the treat jar and some quick games/treats will let the cat escape the dogs will forget what they were even doing.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that was the first time i used the laser and flashlight and even let her do that to the cat. when she barks or tries to play with my cat i tell her to stop and give her a toy. my cat is 10 years old and doesnt like dogs so shes used to it.

·
Premium Member
27,460 Posts
that was the first time i used the laser and flashlight and even let her do that to the cat. when she barks or tries to play with my cat i tell her to stop and give her a toy. my cat is 10 years old and doesnt like dogs so shes used to it.
Glad you are on top of it with the cat! :thumbup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts