German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Video of Westminster Kennel Club German Shepherd class judging, February 15, 2010.

Judge: Mrs. Helen Lee James, Littleton, CO.
Edited for time. Dogs that placed are shown.

Best of Breed winner: Ch Kridler's Nutmeg V Signature
Bitch AKC: DN 18495003
Date of Birth: February 17, 2007
Breeder: Tari Kridler & Joe & Leslie Beccia
Sire: Ch Kenlyn's Aries V HiCliff
Dam: Ch Kridler's Tanzanite V Signature
Owner: Rebecca Tsaro Dickson & James and Sheree Moses.

·
Registered
616 Posts
thanks for posting this, i missed it. I dont know how they can pick just one, they all looked amazing to me.

·
Registered
19,451 Posts
I like #12. Many of these dogs appear heavy to me.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
I wish I could see these dogs working... Many looked heavy boned... Some looked FAT. I'm not into showing GSDs, but why don't they condition the dogs before a show?

The girl in my avatar is beautifully conditioned... I'm so used to seing show APBTs and the amount of work put into them to get them in good shape before a show.
http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=206097

Pretty pups either way, I caught the herding group from the WM dog show...

·
Registered
304 Posts
Who is the winning handler?

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Who is the winning handler?
Best of Breed winner: Ch Kridler's Nutmeg V Signature
Bitch AKC: DN 18495003
Date of Birth: February 17, 2007
Breeder: Tari Kridler & Joe & Leslie Beccia
Sire: Ch Kenlyn's Aries V HiCliff
Dam: Ch Kridler's Tanzanite V Signature
Owner: Rebecca Tsaro Dickson & James and Sheree Moses. <<<<

·
Registered
304 Posts
Thanks, but I do not see the handlers name on there
(but I also wear glasses LOLOLOLOL)

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
They all seem to be overweight, heavy bones and walking on their hocks (i think that is the right word?). I wish they would get some nice WL's in there to shake things up a bit.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Interesting. I actually went to look at a puppy sired by Kenlyn's Aries V HiCliff when I was looking for a GSD (before I got Bianca.)

I agree, some of those dogs do look overweight... Could it be the way they are built? Bianca has much more of a tuck-up than those dogs seem to.

I liked the first three dogs that went around at the beginning the best. Some of those dogs seem to be walking on much more of the "foot" than what I am used to seeing (if that makes sense...)

·
Registered
304 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,368 Posts
they may appear fat because one, they are on camera and two, they poof them out:))

I know when I showed mine, the grooming alone, we poofed him out alot, hard to explain, but it could be the grooming:))

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
They all seem to be overweight, heavy bones and walking on their hocks (i think that is the right word?). I wish they would get some nice WL's in there to shake things up a bit.
agreed, I mean if they really want to see a herding gsd it should be a WL gsd

isn't the winning handler the same guy that handled the only gsd champ in the 80's?

·
Registered
19,451 Posts
I think it's also b/c they move so loose and their backs kinda sag. It gives them a "heavy" look. Some of them I really do think are just heavy. I've seen thousands of dogs during conformation shows in person (west German and working lines) and if they had this "look" the SV judge would be commenting on it not in a nice way!

·
Registered
340 Posts
The dogs did look heavy to me and I don't know if it was grooming. However, my puppy has a lot of tuck up from her ribs to her belly.

Example of Miya's tuck up:

It looked like they had jowls flapping underneath their head on the chest! I didn't like how they are hock walkers either.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
The dogs did look heavy to me and I don't know if it was grooming. However, my puppy has a lot of tuck up from her ribs to her belly.

It looked like they had jowls flapping underneath their head on the chest! I didn't like how they are hock walkers either.
I know what you mean. They also seemed to be almost flat-footed in the front-- that's what I meant by walking on more of the foot...

I think Bianca is a little overweight right now (found out she'd been stealing food from the cats!) and she still has a lot more of a tuck up than they seem to have. I guess it could be partly grooming.

agreed, I mean if they really want to see a herding gsd it should be a WL gsd
Why? My WG showline girl can herd.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts