German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I’m thinking I may need to search for a new food, but let me start with some background. I have a 2yr old rescue pit and a now 5month old gsd. I would like to keep my dogs on the same food if at all possible, but I’m sure I’ll get some answers about that. For starters, my pit is not at all a chow hound. He’ll skip meals, chow down on some and sometimes just sort of eat a little. We are currently feeding victor Yukon River. My shepherd pup is becoming the same way and I find it very weird for a shepherd. In the past I’ve always had my shepherd (rip) running to the bowl. My old shepherd ate science diet lamb and rice and loved it. My pit was also fond of that food so he would sometimes get a little. Should I attempt to feed these 2 the victor lamb in rice? Or are they just picky, sometimey eaters? They are both healthy weights. And they’re coats are both amazing!!!! Shiny, etc. I get compliments all the time. Even from my breeder. So my question is...do I change, do I stay the same? Ps, this shepherds coat is much better than the last. However the last was a mix. What makes you change your formula??

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ex. This morning my pit gobbled down just food, shepherd decided she didn’t want to eat and sat on her cot in peace

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
The dog is named Rip? Is that a Yellowstone reference??

As for the food...I feed both Victor Multi Pro and Victor High Energy. My dogs find it palatable and do well on it. My male shepherd can be meh about food sometimes. I just leave him alone about it. Sometimes he skips a meal. Then he gets hungry, he eats.

If a puppy were doing that I might check more into the health of the puppy but if your dogs are healthy then they will eat when they are hungry

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The dog is named Rip? Is that a Yellowstone reference??

As for the food...I feed both Victor Multi Pro and Victor High Energy. My dogs find it palatable and do well on it. My male shepherd can be meh about food sometimes. I just leave him alone about it. Sometimes he skips a meal. Then he gets hungry, he eats.

If a puppy were doing that I might check more into the health of the puppy but if your dogs are healthy then they will eat when they are hungry

No,no. That’s the shepherd that’s passed on. R.I.P. as in Rest In Peace.

Dogs are completely healthy. Puppy is 43lbs at 5months. I know some people’s shepherds are bigger but she is a girl. Typical females in the line are about 80lbs. Appearance is good. Has been vet checked multiple times. Has no issues.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts