German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about trying to switch both my 2 year old female and 14 week old Male over to Victor dog food, however, I was wondering which formula I should look into.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
If you want the same formula for both, I’d suggest Nutra Pro. It has an appropriate calcium to phosphorus ratio for growing puppies. My adult girl gets Utlra Pro when she’s not eating raw and does great on it. I wouldn’t personally choose that formula for a growing puppy, though.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would I feed them both by the weight listed on the bag?
If you want the same formula for both, I’d suggest Nutra Pro. It has an appropriate calcium to phosphorus ratio for growing puppies. My adult girl gets Utlra Pro when she’s not eating raw and does great on it. I wouldn’t personally choose that formula for a growing puppy, though.

·
Registered
847 Posts
I gave mine Nutra Pro. (My breeder suggested it.) Worked great. He loved it. I fed him 3 times a day at 1.5 cups each meal for a total of 4.5 cups a day. I switched him to Hero Canine but I think I may switch him back to Nutra Pro OR do half HC and half NP. He needs the extra protein that Nutra Pro has.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Raised both of mine from puppies to adult on the Victor Super Premium formula. No issues or complaints. I vary up the flavors from time to time but have used Victor without incident for the last 6 years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts