German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've read online that Vicks vaporub works well to stop dogs chewing on things around the house. I've got a 11 week old puppy and he's chewing the couch and the skirting boards. We tried the 'stop chewing' spray from the pet shop and that didn't put him off so I tried the Vicks this morning.
Now though I'm worried as I rang the vet and they said not to use it. What do you think? Have you ever used it and if so has your dog had a bad reaction? I've wiped what I can off the things he was chewing but he still licked some up. Should I be worried? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
139 Posts
Not sure about the Vick's Vapour Rub, but I used deodorant when Rai was a puppy and would try to chew the corners of the walls and stairs. Pretty effective and I never noticed any harm done. He'd just spit and walk away.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Please do not use Vick's vapor rub. Instead, keep a lead on your pup, redirect with a toy. During the times when you are involved in something else and can't monitor the pup's activities, crate him.

I have no idea what all the chemicals are in Vick's, but I definitely wouldn't want my pup getting it into his system.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts