German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
It's funny that you posted this now, because my vet just prescribed Vetericyn VF for my cat yesterday! It's too soon to know if it's going to help though.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I certainly like the idea of a topical to treat a derm infection rather than an oral antibiotic. Treats bacterial AND fungal infections. Wonder about cost too...

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
I certainly like the idea of a topical to treat a derm infection rather than an oral antibiotic. Treats bacterial AND fungal infections. Wonder about cost too...
That is what I liked about it too, since my cat has been dealing with both fungal and bacterial issues. I also liked that it is safe if ingested and can be used around the mouth/eyes, and also is supposed to speed wound healing.

The Vetericyn VF was about $30 from my vet, but it's supposed to be twice as strong as the OTC version. If it really is as broad spectrum as it says it's worth the price to me though.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I love Vetericyn. I've used it for our horses, my dog, and for ourselves. It works GREAT!

I've paid about $30 for a large bottle and about the same for the gel formula.

I highly recommend it!

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
I had come across this, quite awhile ago, was thinking of using it on my male aussie who get's fungus sores,,ended up going a different route, but will keep it in mind .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts