German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the vet today to get Zues and Sasha weighed.

Sasha was 60 pounds which was a 3 pound drop from the last time she was weighed. I was expecting that seeing as her last couple ribs are visible which started around the time we got Zues so i think she is just more active playing with him. She will be 2 yrs old 1/5/11. I am currently feeding her 39oz roughly a day,which i know is a lil high,but I am trying to put some weight on her and she is quite active with the puppy around.

Zues was 27.5 pounds @ 12 weeks and a day old. He was weighed exactly 2 weeks ago and was 19.5 lbs. So 2 weeks and 8 pounds I would say hes coming along alright.Zues i am feeding 28oz. I honestly think he would eat and eat and eat if i would let him. He does not seem to turn down food and is constantly hungry

I bought a vitamin supplement for them called Pet Tabs made by pfizer from the vet to make sure they are getting what they need. Sasha seems shinier to me the last day or two. It might be my imagination but the wife thinks so too.

·
Registered
14,034 Posts
Went to the vet today to get Zues and Sasha weighed.

Sasha was 60 pounds which was a 3 pound drop from the last time she was weighed. I was expecting that seeing as her last couple ribs are visible which started around the time we got Zues so i think she is just more active playing with him. She will be 2 yrs old 1/5/11. I am currently feeding her 39oz roughly a day,which i know is a lil high,but I am trying to put some weight on her and she is quite active with the puppy around.
Go ahead and increase her intake a bit - say, 3-4 ounces and see how she is in another couple weeks. Try feeding high fat items - like pork or lamb (if you can).

I bought a vitamin supplement for them called Pet Tabs made by pfizer from the vet to make sure they are getting what they need.
Sorry but ... Yuck. Here's the ingredients listing for Pet Tabs:

Wheat germ, kaolin, corn syrup, pork liver meal, dicalcium phosphate, sucrose, lactose, safflower oil, gelatin, corn starch, stearic acid, niacinamide, hydrolyzed vegetable protein, iron oxide and peptone, magnesium stearate, dl-alpha tocopheryl acetate, vitamin A acetate, zinc oxide, riboflavin, thiamine mononitrate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, cyanocobalamin, manganese sulfate, copper acetate monohydrate, vitamin D3 supplement, cobalt sulfate.
Translation:

Carbs, clay, sugar, pork liver meal, binding agent, sugar, sugar, Omega 6, cheap protein source, thickening agent, hardening agent, Vitamin B, flavor enhancer (MSG), coloring agent, protein derivative ....

Not exactly good when you really know what's in those things.

Now compare it to something like B-Naturals Multi-Vitamin:

Whey, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Dried Chicken Liver, Vitamin E Supplement, Calcium Panthenate (Vitamin B5), Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Thiamine (Vitamin B1), Alfalfa Meal (dehydrated), Lemon Peel, Vitamin A Supplement, Kelp (dried), Vitamin D Supplement, Selenium (Sodium Selenite)

There's no translation necessary!

Sasha seems shinier to me the last day or two. It might be my imagination but the wife thinks so too.
I wouldn't be surprised!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts