German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I thought I would just vent a little at how worried I am about my 5.5 month old Koen. I noticed signs of hip dysplasia (swaying hips,sits like a frog with his hips out, feet pointed in while standing) I got him from a very reputable breeder who has been breeding for 20 years. She said he is hip guaranteed for a year. I don't really know if that means much. But anyways I'm take him tomorrow to see what the doctors think. If they want to get x-rays or what not. I hope I'm just being paranoid, but I can't help but be safe than sorry. Crossing my fingers and praying !

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
At that age pups can be very awkward and clumsy, lets hope that is the case with your pup.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
its likely he's just a clumsy typical puppy. Dax is 4 months old now and he's all kinds of goofy with how he walks and sits. It's normal.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
yeah he kinda sways. He's from a reputable breeder. Shasta did a lot of swaying as a pup as well and she's from an oops litter and she's 3 now with zero concerns about her hips. She's pretty solid.

Some pups are more clumsy than others.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah he kinda sways. He's from a reputable breeder. Shasta did a lot of swaying as a pup as well and she's from an oops litter and she's 3 now with zero concerns about her hips. She's pretty solid.

Some pups are more clumsy than others.
Oh okay ! Well that's good to know. He is extremely clumsy to. But I'm going to get them checked out just in case. I was planning on getting him microchipped anyways. Thanks for the help !

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts