German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just noticed that my 3 month old puppy has developed some kind of skin rash or something and he is completely hairless at one spot. The spot is where his leg meets his midsection on the inside. It seems to have gotten worse in one day, I will be taking him to the vet asap put that won't be till Monday morning. Anyone know if this is serious? I'll try and see if I can get a picture.

I have two pups from the same litter and only one has this problem
Thanks for any help possible, just getting worried.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also the last time I took them to the vet was about 3 weeks ago to get their second shots and some pills for worms. They were also tested for mange on their first visit

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
I was going to say that it could be demodetic mange but if the pup's been tested for that then maybe it's a hot spot since it's in an area where it would get warm. Try some Gold Bond medicated powder to dry it out and relieve the itching, maybe give a benadryl.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
it could also be allergies. its very possible for one pup to develope allergies while the other is fine. Our dog Riley has the same issue and his is allergies. I agree though that it may also be a hot spot. Try the gold bond medicated powder to dry it out first and go from there.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alright I'll try the hold bond, it's looking irritated and red so it might be just that. Thanks for the info

1 - 5 of 5 Posts