German Shepherds Forum banner

21 - 40 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sorry to be joining this thread late. Any additional details on this boy? Temperment test? I have a couple of dogs going home this week and will be opening up some space at the shelter soon. Animals for Life is in Middlebury, CT, so we're close enough to help. Let me know if there are any updates! Sue

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Ok GSGSR is going tomorrow (Sunday 4/6) for a temperament test. If anyone is interested in this dog we will be there about 2:00 so please feel free to come and watch or ask questions.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Sue I will let you know how it goes or if it isn't too far maybe you would like to join us on Sunday. I will PM you with my tele number.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
we will be there at 2:30 slight change. we also have another dog Shasha that is up on GSGSR that we evaluated and she has a cage mate that seems nice....I will pm you after I get home later ... thanks Sue

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I just got home from Shotsie's temperament test. He is a real doll; one of the sweetest GSDs I ever met. He didn't care about the cat that hissed in his face. He greeted other dogs with big tail wags and is NOT food aggressive. He passed all the GSGSR tests with flying colors; he even likes being hugged. He has medical needs thought. His front paws look to be genetically deformed and don't seem to bother him but his one rear leg was bothering him. I am not sure what the issue is but I am guessing that he might have been hit by a car or something like that. No way to tell if it was recent or not. The ACO got a call that this dog took up living with a homeless person who had no provisions for the dog. Seems the dog was seeking human company. He was fine on leash but walked a few feet and wanted to lay down by our feet. He is one really great dog in need.

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
I am praying someone has room for him!

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Originally Posted By: LUV_GSDsI just got home from Shotsie's temperament test. He is a real doll; one of the sweetest GSDs I ever met. He didn't care about the cat that hissed in his face. He greeted other dogs with big tail wags and is NOT food aggressive. He passed all the GSGSR tests with flying colors; he even likes being hugged. He has medical needs thought. His front paws look to be genetically deformed and don't seem to bother him but his one rear leg was bothering him. I am not sure what the issue is but I am guessing that he might have been hit by a car or something like that. No way to tell if it was recent or not. The ACO got a call that this dog took up living with a homeless person who had no provisions for the dog. Seems the dog was seeking human company. He was fine on leash but walked a few feet and wanted to lay down by our feet. He is one really great dog in need.

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Thank you LUV_GSDs and GSGSR for taking the time to visit and temp test this very handsome boy!!

My offer to sponsor Shotsie to get neutered stands - please PM me. Please consider helping this boy before its too late!!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Any info on how much time he has? That face is getting to me... I just know that the black puppy I posted is going to die tomorrow and I would really like to think this boy has a chance.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
They seem to really like him so I don't imagine him being put down right now. But if space runs out he is so handicapped that he might be the first to go. He really does look like that...he is so submissive he goes belly up with his ears down and just wants a cookie and a pat on the head.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
GSGSR got permission to take him to see a vet and I will let you all know what is happening.

·
Registered
342 Posts
"They seem to really like him so I don't imagine him being put down right now. But if space runs out he is so handicapped that he might be the first to go."

How handicapped is this boy? Other than the deformities in his feet and weak hind end does he have handicapped needs?

He has been looking at me since day one with those soulful eyes, being patient, waiting for his angel to arrive.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I was there he really does have soulful eyes and he is a heartbreaker. His front paws don't seem to bother him but he can't put much weight on the one rear paw and after a few minutes he either lies down or collapses but he can walk enough to get around he just can't go far or fast. When I arrived I got really excited because a couple had come to look at him and when he got out of the cage they moved on and didn't even want to see us do the temperament test because of his deformities.

21 - 40 of 85 Posts