German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, we’re getting a puppy. Babies should be born mid December. We should have our baby around mid to late February. Silver and black from Von Shap down in Woodsfield, Ohio. They are not high drive so I think it will be better suited for us. I can’t wait. Although they are quite expensive, I’m confident about this breeder.

·
Super Moderator
6,711 Posts
In light of recent threads surrounding the subject of breeder selection, this is a general reminder to all who choose to reply.... Please abide by forum rules, be courteous, respectful and mindful of those whose opinions, values or preferences may differ from yours. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
The wait is always torture. Are you hoping for a boy or a girl?

·
Registered
932 Posts
Those are some BIG Shepherds. Seems they breed for color hence the price but do health testing, limited registration so you can’t breed to get a blue color. Good luck with your pup.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not interested in breeding. I’m
Interested in health and drive. Allie was high drive. I’m looking for medium drive. And she’s got it. Color does not matter. But I’m going with a male. She’s 2 hours away.

·
Registered
327 Posts
That makes more sense. Thanks. She's pretty.

I like the breeder because they health check and pick the puppy for the owner. But when looking at the breeder, I was confused by the phrase "OFA Hips" and "DM tested." Someone might correct me but I though OFA hips always had a rating like good or excellent. Maybe saying OFA hips has a certain assumption that I don't know or it is a typo. And I thought DM was either clear or carrier (but I guess you don't have to worry about DM given she is clear).

I'm not attacking your breeder choice and someone might be able to explain the "OFA hips" phrasing rather than OFA hips good, but I would ask the breeder what hip rating she has.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts