German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
LOL!

I have to tell you something funny that goes on while I am dishing up my critter's food. If I drop a piece of dog kibble on the floor, the cat rushes in and grabs it like it's the yummiest thing he's ever eaten. If the dogs get too close to him while I'm putting the food in their bowls, he will grab the offender around the neck, and bite them on the throat, like a lion doing the prey kill bite on an antelope.

One day, I was completely out of cat food -had a brain fart, and forgot to buy it. Okay, so what to do? Well, the cat obviously likes dog kibble, so I will give him a whole bowl of it.

I set the bowl down in front of him and he looked up as me as if to say, "What is this c***? Are you trying to POISON me??" :rofl:

·
Registered
10,057 Posts
Ha, ha! That's typically cats. I once had a Siamese. She would sit at the door, wanting to go out and calling me, looking at the door knob. I open the door and she turns around with a snotty look like, "What were you thinking?"

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ha, ha! That's typically cats. I once had a Siamese. She would sit at the door, wanting to go out and calling me, looking at the door knob. I open the door and she turns around with a snotty look like, "What were you thinking?"
My Siamese does this all the time... I've now started shoving her gently out the door with my foot... if shes called me to go out and I've gotten up to let her out (even though she has a cat flap) she is **** well going out!! LOL
I'm hoping she'll learn that if she calls she better mean it :)

·
Registered
10,057 Posts
My Siamese does this all the time... I've now started shoving her gently out the door with my foot... if shes called me to go out and I've gotten up to let her out (even though she has a cat flap) she is **** well going out!! LOL
I'm hoping she'll learn that if she calls she better mean it :)
Siamese are the best; opinionated manipulators they are. We had one for many years and absolutely loved her antics. She handled all the dogs easily. I once outsmarted her with my dog training experience; she would jump on the turn table (the oldtime HiFi!) from a tall cabinet from where she was looking down at us when we had dinner and she didn't get attention. So, before we sat down, I put a cookie tray of marbles on the turn table and she fell for it. She and the marbles flew. She never did it again. How proud can you be to have outsmarted a 12 pond Siamese? :grin2:

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
LOL! Even the alley cats can be manipulative when it comes to getting their own way! I had a tabby with 4 white paws that I'd rescued from the back alleys of Edmonton. He'd sleep at the foot of my bed until my alarm clock went off in the morning, then I had ONE JOB to do in this world, and that was FEED HIM!

If I didn't get up right away, he had a number of ways of getting my attention. First was to come and tickle my face with his whiskers, and miaow right in my face. If that didn't work, he'd use my stomach as a trampoline, and jump off the bed before I couldc catch him and strangle him. Next line of attack was to knock something on the floor. I once watched as he nudged a large stack of books off the bedside table, one inch at a time... No easy feat: some of them were hardcovers, so the stack was not light!

He didn't do weekends. Sleeping in was out of the quesiton. I'd been out really late one night, and wanted to sleep in, so I tossed him out of the room and closed the door. There was a small table outside the bedroom with a phone on it, one of the old fashioned dial phones, with a real bell inside it. He knocked THAT on the floor, and it made quite the loud CLAANNNG when it hit the floor!

I was so mad, I tossed him outside, until I was ready to get up!

·
Premium Member
7,820 Posts
Kaiser like all GSDs is a born supervisor. Plus its his food. Eh he was patient mine would have been eating from the floor

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
My daughter and her partner went away for a long weekend, I visited to feed and play with their siberian cat. He had the run of the home, the external living room door was left ajar so he could get outdoors, a cat litter tray was also in the living room. I arrived the first evening to find cat poop significantly and strategically deposited in the centre of the living room floor, the cat showing his displeasure at the unauthorized change of personal. I sent an image to his HR department, words could not have adequately conveyed his 'communique'.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
This is one reason I am a dog person.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
The big problem with cat poop in my house is keeping it away from the dogs... :sick:
The cat is perfectly house trained, and the only time he's ever done his business outside the litter box was when I accidentally locked him in my bedroom while I was away at work.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The big problem with cat poop in my house is keeping it away from the dogs... :sick:
The cat is perfectly house trained, and the only time he's ever done his business outside the litter box was when I accidentally locked him in my bedroom while I was away at work.
Haha, yeah! Kaiser will not eat his food, the cat food, the human food without getting permission first but cat poop... oh my, if that door is left open and he can get to it, he's eating it :surprise::laugh2:

·
Registered
561 Posts
Cat poop has been a challenge. If I concur that and cat chasing I'm good. The poop is harder then the chase. Sadly with the chase he gives it and midway he is like dang it IM NOY SUPPOSED TO TO THAT UGH. Poop is too good disgusting

1 - 16 of 16 Posts