German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wolfie is such a velcro dog. Even when we go for walks, he always has to be touching me somehow. I spoke to his trainer about it,a nd she said it's perfectly normal for a GSD to do that. Lately, I have noticed his legs getting longer. With this new growth, he has been tripping me a lot! For instance, I will be carrying a pile of laundry and he will be following me and somehow, his legs get tangled with mine, and I trip. It happens a lot in the kitchen too, when I am cooking or cleaning, and I turn around, and his legs get all caught up in mine again, and down I go. One of us seems to be getting more and more clumsy! I'm afraid it's me, but with his new leg length, Wolfie has become a hazard! Anyone else tripping on their older puppy?

·
Banned
8,988 Posts
You mean like that? That's what it looks like when I am just in the bathroom.LOL I am tripping all the time, you'll get used to it :D :help:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ha ha ha! Yes! I can't go in the bathroom alone either!

·
Registered
636 Posts
I'm always tripping over dogs. Although that is the exact reason Sobacca was taught the "out" command and is NOT allowed in the kitchen when I'm cooking. Minna will learn it soon enough.
And I never get to use the bathroom alone either, either one or both follow me in -- they must think I can't be alone in the bathroom. And if I close the door, not latched just closed, Minna always opens in and walks in and sits on the bathroom mat.
And the shower has now become pretty entertaining. I've started allowing Minna to be in the bathroom (rather than her crate...and I don't trust her in the bedroom yet) when I shower -- and she'll sit right outside the shower the entire time. Occasionally poking her head in, I assume to make sure I'm still there.

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't let Wolfie in the bathroom when I am showering anymore. He tries to get in with me, and won't stop until he succeeds . LOL! He goes in his crate the minute I say the word shower.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Minna wasn't too happy last week when I pulled her in the shower because it was "bath day" (their least favorite day of the year hahaha). BUT she's still brave enough to stick her head in the shower while I'm in there. The day she starts jumping in the shower is the day she's no longer allowed in the bathroom when I shower. lol

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
You are killing me with the bathroom talk! Its funnier when its happening to someone else LOL.

My husband lets Mac in the bathroom with him in the morning because otherwise he'll sit outside the door and cry. He also tries to turn the doorknob with his mouth to open the door and get in. Mac invades his showers and then tries to pull the towel off him when he gets out. Every morning I hear "No, Mac out!" "No, Mac leave it!". Yeah, its funnier when its happening to someone else :)

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I'm always tripping over dogs. Although that is the exact reason Sobacca was taught the "out" command and is NOT allowed in the kitchen when I'm cooking. Minna will learn it soon enough.
And I never get to use the bathroom alone either, either one or both follow me in -- they must think I can't be alone in the bathroom. And if I close the door, not latched just closed, Minna always opens in and walks in and sits on the bathroom mat.
And the shower has now become pretty entertaining. I've started allowing Minna to be in the bathroom (rather than her crate...and I don't trust her in the bedroom yet) when I shower -- and she'll sit right outside the shower the entire time. Occasionally poking her head in, I assume to make sure I'm still there.
Have a big enough window to climb out of? Would be hysterical to see what would happen if you climbed out the window (fully clothed mind you).

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
That's how Ozzy is. I have to be so careful not to kick him when I'm walking or stepping on him! One of the times I wish he was bigger.... Haha.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Mine follow me into the bathroom as well. I am convinced they think there is a door to outside in there. Our female is a big velcro dog. She sticks to my leg like glue. She will also nudge me hard in the leg so I know she is there. On walks, she needs to be next to me, and will look up at me for reassurance that I am still by her. Thunderstorms are the worst - I'm surprised she doesn't crawl up my back so I can "piggy-back" her around!

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wolfie will look up at me on walks as well. He also hits me with his paw when I am doing something like talking on the phone or watching tv. If I look at him and say yes, I see you there, he lies down and is ok. LOL

·
Registered
636 Posts
LOL.
Maybe that explains why Minna brings me bones when I'm watching TV or on the computer. I always tell her "thank you" but tell her to go lay down and chew on it somewhere else. She just wants to make sure I still know she's there. Haha

I'm not sure what she would do if I went in a room and closed the door and left her on the other side. Sobacca doesn't appreciate it when I do - especially if its the bedroom, he'll either whine and cry or try to open the door.

Dogs are too funny.

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
all of mine have been pretty much velcro dogs,,the other day, I was at my mom's, Masi was loose in the yard, I took my eyes off her for a few minutes, was walking around, then I'm thinking "where is masi?" I turn one way, no dog, turn the other, no dog, I stop dead in my tracks, and she BUMPS into me! LOL..She was RIGHTBEHIND me ! LOL

1 - 14 of 14 Posts