German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night the baby dog and I went to Posidog in Columbus for their puppy basics class. I've never been to any class or done any training beyond getting my dogs to not act like raccoons in the house :eek: so I wasn't sure what to expect.

It was so much fun! The class was larger than usual because some of the people were coming on an alternate night and there was an interesting mix of breeds present. Varick and one lone Border Collie girl were the only herders representin :laugh:

My little man was so, so good. Didn't make a peep and as long as I kept the treats flowing he was very responsive and attentive. Of course silly me majorly underestimated the amount of treats I would need so we ran out a little over halfway through class lol. Thankfully the instructors were happy to share.

I'm looking forward to taking this guy next week. Fingers crossed it goes as smoothly!

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
I loved our first puppy class. Like you it was my first..so much fun!

Varick looks like a good student...adorable;)

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
I've never been to any class or done any training beyond getting my dogs to not act like raccoons in the house :eek:
Thank you so much for giving me the perfect descriptor of naughty behavior in the house! It is totally raccoon like! Especially the Pug and these darn cats!
Sheilah
ETA: I LOVE your puppy!!!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My Della dog is really good but she came that way as a three year old so I can't really take credit. I will say there are still moments of raccoonness.

Don't even get me started on the cats, which have to be some kind of
monkey-raccoon-savage-deamon spawn. I have child locks on cabinets with food in them and I have zero children in the house. Enough said.

·
Premium Member
27,460 Posts
I LOVE going to classes with my dogs, specially the puppy ones!

Keep up the good work and having fun!

:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts