German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had our 1 year visit today. just over 27.5 inches and 90 pounds. Aside from filling out vet said most likely done growing. (phew)

He did great. Allowed all exams...and lots of hip and joint manipulation. Also allowed a nail clip :) Vet said his hips and joints feel nice and tight, no clicking or popping either. He gets his OFA hip prelims done next Thursday. She said his head is HUGE lol (it is). Teeth are pearly white too. Everything including his attitude checked out great. Ignored other dogs and people in waiting room. Very proud of how far he has come.

So, we bid farewell to the puppy months. Always bittersweet:) Thanks for all the great listening and advice from the people here on this forum!

Photos by Lisa G of K9 Snap Shots

Attachments

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And a week or so before I got him. He was 5.5 months old. That puppy face!!!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,820 Posts
Very handsome boy. Love these sables. Sounds like your off to a great start.

Reactions: Shooter

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Some experts feel a year old dog is the equivalent of a 13 year old. What do you mean he is all grown up?

·
Super Moderator
5,730 Posts
Some experts feel a year old dog is the equivalent of a 13 year old. What do you mean he is all grown up?

Yep, not so grown up. Someone needs to tell Scarlet she’s a grown up girl. She’ll be 2 in August. She still has a puppy brain, lol.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LOL I am bracing for the teen years from my kid, don't tell me the dog is a teen too! :) I just hope he is done height wise :eek: Vet thinks he is.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts