German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My GSD is about 15 months old. She was spayed at 6 months and the surgery went just fine. I’ve noticed lately that she is licking her genitals a lot, and twice while I’ve been rubbing her belly I’ve noticed some clear vaginal discharge around the area. The other day she was also acting a little strange and rubbing herself while she was on the bed with me (I was reading and she was hanging out next to me). She looked like she was crouched to go pee and she started shuffling along the bed... my initial reaction was to yell because I thought she was about to pee on the bed (she never has accidents in the house though, by the way), but when I looked down to see if she was peeing I noticed instead that she was having contractions down there (like an orgasm maybe?). I’m not sure if this is normal behaviour for a spayed dog or not? Should I be worried that she could have an infection or something because of the discharge and the rubbing? Or is this just her going into “false heat”? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts