German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Its time to buy a vacuum ,after 11 years ours has hit the skids and Koda is shedding bad,yes we brush him regularly .
We have very little carpet and mostly hardwood floors.
I was wondering if anyone has found a good vacuum for hardwood.
I was reading reviews on the shark for furniture and carpet it gets great reviews but on hardwood not so much .
Looking for suggestions and help.

Thank you

·
Registered
68 Posts
Right now I dont own a GSD... but I have an American bobcat that sheds like no other animal that ive ever owned. I had to actually pick up 2 separate vacuums for our house. We ended up with going with the Shark Navigator Lift away (NV352) on amazon. We use one for the hair and the other for just regular home vacuuming. I know its overkill but my wife is a nut. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
15,884 Posts
For hardwood, just use a broom. They are amazingly effective. (especially since I will use a broom and not so much a vacuum.) I have no carpet in my house and when I have area rugs down I use a stiff brush with a long handle to pull the hair off the rug before I vacuum it. (Had an area rug down when a friend visited last summer. That's been it in this house.)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Over the years, I've used several Hoover carpet cleaners and vacuums and with the exception of one carpet cleaner, I've been very pleased with the Hoover brand aside from the good reviews I read at best vacuums. The last Hoover carpet cleaner I used, however, was terrible. Thankfully, the Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet Washer, FH50150PC restores my faith in the Hoover brand, albeit only somewhat. This machine shows they are returning to the quality I am used to from them, but aren't completely there yet.

·
Registered
7,248 Posts
We use a dyson canister it's great for wood floors and has great suction. It does not use any bags and to chAngd if you have to empty the canister. So far it's going on 4 years and holding up pretty well. We also hAve one of the robo vaccums i forget about sometimes but it's good to use under the beds and furniture.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hoover P.A.W.S. Windtunnel - $99.99 - http://smile.amazon.com/dp/B002HFA5F6

I usually don't buy anything labeled "made for pets" as most of the time its not worth it. Its a great vacuum for the price. My apartment is 90% hardwood floors but the 2 staircases are carpeted in the center and it seems like the central collection point for all the dog hair in my apt. Before Yogi I used it with my Siberian Husky and to this day its still going strong.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts