German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what's everybody using to vacuum up the dog hair in the cars, looking for something kind of portable, 12v would be great
thanks

·
Registered
19,451 Posts
I've tried a few hand-held models but honestly, nothing compared to just wheeling my normal vac outside. I prefer the attachments that come with the normal vac.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I JUST received a Eurkeka RapidClean Step Handheld Vacuum 41A. It gets the GSD hair off my sofa, my staircase, AND my car. This is engineered nicely with a hose/crevice too, roller and non-roller suction, and a flip in place brush. Cleaned my car VERY nicely today.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I was just thinking about this today....I need a portable hand held vacuum for my car. The hair in there is ridiculous.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought Eureka vacuum cleaner mostly for my car, because it is portable and lightweight and you can easily move it around. So, it is very convenient to clean the interior of your car. But, it also copes with laminate, carpeted, harwood, tiles, vinyl floors. Perfectly vacuums up my dog's hair. I would recommend it. (https://www.amazon.com/Eureka-EasyClean-Lightweight-Handheld-71B/dp/B0006HUYGM/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=EUREKA+EasyClean+Lightweight+Handheld+Vacuum+Cleaner,+Hand+Vac+Corded,+71B&qid=1576639151&sr=8-1)

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Buy once, cry once...use this for the car, sofa and blow his coat....works better than anything I have tried before. You need to buy a separate "power" head with a rotating brush.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I use an older Oreck XL hand held.... It works fantastic and is very light and easy to maneuver.
Also has a very long cord on it. It is 110v

I've tried a couple 12v vacuums but they were very poor... This Oreck XL is fantastic for dog hair.

·
Super Moderator
1,598 Posts
what's everybody using to vacuum up the dog hair in the cars, looking for something kind of portable, 12v would be great
thanks
i use a leaf blower. I open all doors and windows and blow everything out of the car. Much easier than vacuuming, IMO.

Just don’t park next to your other car with the windows open.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I use an older Oreck XL hand held.... It works fantastic and is very light and easy to maneuver.
Also has a very long cord on it. It is 110v

I've tried a couple 12v vacuums but they were very poor... This Oreck XL is fantastic for dog hair.
View attachment 556281
Our 6 years old vacuum recently acting up. Not sure if it got a leak as described by wife. It still got strong and loud motor sound but with weak sucking capability. I'll just finish installing the brake light wiring and drawtite hitch on the truck and we're off to the mall. Gonna check this one out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts