German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Lulu is due to have a parvo buster this week. I am taking her to the vet tomorrow for it.

I will be boarding her the whole last week of July for vacation and am wondering about the kennel cough and influenza vaccines.

My question is, A) is it really as prevalent has they say or is this over vaccinating? and B) should we get the booster and the other vaccines at the same time or wait a week for the kennel cough and then another week for the flu shot? I am worried about side effects and I do NOT want to be gone soon after she gets a shot.

How would you time these things given the limited time frame but safety for Lulu is the number one concern.

·
Registered
31,807 Posts
If you are going to do kennel cough then do it now. If you wait then you'll just make her more susceptible to it. My vet won't give it unless it's at least 2 weeks before.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Ask the boarding facility what their policy is, because they might not accept Lulu without it. I know when I've boarded my dog, it was required.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
I had to have both. My vet gives the DHPP vaccine, which is a combination of four vaccines: distemper, hepatitis, parvovirus and parainfluenza. The kennel cough was given as a nasal. They had to be up to date with rabies too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts