German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry, I am sure this has been asked many times. I have looked through the forums and there is a lot of information regarding vaccinations but I wanted to ask more specific questions.

6 Days ago Delta received her C3 and C5 shots (distemper, hepatitis and parvovirus, parainfluenza and bordatella bronchiseptica). Yesterday and today she seems lethargic, has loose stool and is getting large amount of gunky build up in her eyes. She is also off her food.

I don't get the impression that she is really sick, just off colour.

Is this normal a week after shots?

Thanks

·
Registered
11,153 Posts
Of course it happens on a weekend. That is a lot of vaccine in one time. No wonder her body has to deal with that. A week afterwards seems long though and I would call your vet. Next time I would give her the single vaccines two weeks apart if you can. Why the Bordatella? Is she in class, daycare? How old is she?

·
Super Moderator
9,002 Posts
i would also phone the vet... vax reactions usually happen within 24-48hrs.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi everyone... Delta seems to be back to her old self... The land shark has returned! Hopefully this continues.

I still believe it was / is the Vaccines and I totally agree that she was given too much at the same time... The vet said to me that due to her age she could have both courses at the same time. I now feel very guilty for letting this happen.

In relation to Bordatella. I believe this is just part of the C3 dose. Required for joining Clubs etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts