German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
roxy hasn't had any accidents in the house for over a month now. Was a very easy housebreaking.

last night my best friend and her dog were over and the dogs played in the kiddie pool. Roxy likes to dive ( as much as a german shepherd can in a kiddie pool) so I figured she was just doing her normal thing...but then it was like she was drinking a lot of the water..which again i thought was just in with the play.

last night after we came in she didn't give me her signal to go out and I heard her peeing on the kitchen floor. So I thought well she still had a lot of water and the dogs played HARD..so I attributed it to that.

just a few minutes ago Roxy was playing in the kitchen. We have just gotten up and did our morning lap (pee / poop/ walk ) around the acreage and she was peeing while she was playing.

I am not sure if this is still left over water from the pool or if now I need to worry about a UTI. She is eating/ playing ..everything except the peeing while she was playing. She has never done that before and I could tell it bothered her that she knew it wasn't the right place to pee.

ps...I didn't notice any signs of blood..and it wasn't a little bit of pee like she was struggling or trying to pee and couldn't . I seriously thought somebody turned a race horse loose in my kitchen ..the amount of pee I cleaned up.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Cant hurt to get a urine sample tested! Better to catch early

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
I would get a sample tested in case. Sounds like it could be a UTI.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it's eased up since this am...back to normal. I think maybe she just got so water logged it had to get back out of her body. But I am keeping my eye open..if it starts back up a trip to the vet tomorrow. We are staying out of the pool today just so we don't have a repeat

1 - 4 of 4 Posts