German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this sounds odd (or just stupid), but seeing as dogs couldn't see CRT (tube) TV screens a few years ago and now everyone has Plasma and LCD which dogs can see, is this opening up a new world for them which they've been ignoring all these years?
I often see Jax watching TV for a few minutes at a time and wonder what he's thinking. Is he interpreting what he's seeing or is is he just watching the pretty colors?

·
5,627 Posts
Raven watches TV often. I know she can see it because she only barks at animals or bad guys. Although I suspect the barking at bad guys has more to do with the soundtrack to the show or she is just really good at reading body language.

As far as socializing... I'm not sure that would work. I don't know if dogs would be able to generalize what they may or may not see on the TV into real life.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Brody watches TV too! I was watching an episode of Animal Cops and puppy came in to the hospital that was being used as bait. The pup was crying and Brody was watching it and then turned and looked at me with a sad face! I told him " don't worry your mommy would never let that happen to you!"

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
haha Cody watches TV too. but Mandi has no interest.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts