German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when I leave at 5:30am I take him outside. He always barks because it's night and who knows what he's barking it. Garbage cans, to cars that aren't parked usually there, to invisible air.

So starting this morning I'm putting him on a leash because I can't have him barking that early. I live in a close quarted housing area. The neighbors probably hate me every morning.

So anyways, I'm using the retractable leash for this so he has more room to go potty but he doesn't want to. He just wants to fight it and bite it 24-7. I correct him with a pop, he goes back to it. I make it small and hold it above his head, he'll sit down and stare at it.

We did this about for 15 minutes this morning and he never went potty so I brought him back inside to his crate and went to work.

Should I just stick with this every morning when we go out to the fenced yard? Obviously he hasn't been on a leash in his fenced yard since he was a young puppy so he's not used to it.

I can either do a straight boot camp and put him on a leash all day everyday when we go into the yard or just keep doing it in the morning until he gets the point.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
7,782 Posts
Use the leash everytime until he stops messing around and learns to ignore it and "get down to buisness".

1 - 2 of 2 Posts