German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Jackson is a little over 3 years old. I need start from beg to give who picture

About a year and a half ago he started pee-ing in the house. Right in front of us..and that was alarming. Did the whole ER and testing to find out he had crystals in his urine. So they put him on antibiotics, and then we had to switch his food to prescription food. Couple months later, urinating in the house. They said UTI. Antibiotics again.. Did this about 3x in the last year. Well this time we took him to a different vet. The test showed no UTI. But....one of the biggest issues that is going on is his constant need to urinate and drink water. We were having to let him out 2-3x a night-it was bad. My hubs and I were ready to kill him because we have to go to work, and getting up 2-3x a night was awful. On one 30 minute walk-he lifts his leg at least 50-75 times. No lie. Something does come out. The concern was also that his urine was so diluted.
But Finally we have a vet who is listening to us.
So, she had his urine special tested and sent away. No UTI! Then did an ultrasound of his kidney, nothing significant with the kidneys, however his prostrate was swollen. He is on Baytril just in case for 3-4 weeks total. They first were thinking possible cushings or diabetes insipidus. Now ruling those out they are thinking atypical cushings or addisons disease.

Since he started on the Baytril his urination is completely changed. No having to go out at night. Not lifting his leg as often on walks. And the water drinking water is not as much. I know right now he seems to be better. But...... this happens everytime he is on antibiotics.. Anyone have an input?????? Just curious... Thanks

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
You have found a good vet and Jackson is doing better. Hopefully this full course of antibiotics will work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts