German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I joined this group seeking for help with my almost 11yrs old female GSD with urinary incontinence issues. Everything started with a minor surgery of removing malignant from her leg. She was on antibiotics for about a month and towards end of her dosage she started developing minor urinary incontinence during napping. Same time her water consumption level went way up. More than the food she was craving water. Initially it was very few droplets but as the time goes by it started to get worse. My vet recommended starting off with Cranmate and DES for estrogen responsive urinary incontinence. But she wasn't responsive to those medicine and the vet started her with incurin medicine, after 3 weeks we didn't see any improvements. So my vet wanted to test her for cushing disease. ACTH test confirmed she has the cushing disease and the Dr started prescribing Vetoryl. We started off with 90mg as her weight is about 90lbs but after 3 weeks we did another ACTH test and decided to increase the dosage to 120mg as there was no improvements. After increasing the dosage it has become very random. It has been 2 weeks since we increased the dosage there are days that she has few accidents and not craving for water as much and there are other days she would have continuous accidents.
Urinary incontinence, drinking excessive water, and minor skin issues some of the symptoms she has. Apart from that everything is normal. So I am wondering anyone in this site had similar issues with their GSD and found a cure. Any help/advice is greatly appreciated. Attached below is a picture of my baby girl :love:.
Thank you,
Nem

Attachments

·
Registered
31,110 Posts
I don't understand your post. You have a confirmed diagnosis of Cushing Disease. I really don't know anything about that disease but it's common with chronic diseases to have to adjust medicines.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't understand your post. You have a confirmed diagnosis of Cushing Disease. I really don't know anything about that disease but it's common with chronic diseases to have to adjust medicines.
Hi @Jax08 basically, what I am seeking for anyone in this site had a dog with Cushing disease and what they experienced.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts