German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I am sorry if I'm not at the right place and please tell me where to go if I'm in the wrong site. I want to believe in the power of the internet and this is why I'm posting...Can anyone tell me where I can go to see if someone can help this poor dog? Here is the story (sorry a bit long). I went to the gas station and there was a poster on every pump about this dog that got hit by a car (hit and run). The owner was trying to raise at least $3,000 to take the dog to Cornell university for hip surgery, etc. He was having a can drive/yard sale to raise money this weekend (time is of essence he said). Well, I live close by so I went (with some money and a couple of websites that I thought maybe could help him (financial assistance). When I got there, I was a bit reluctant thinking that it could be a scam and the guy is trying to get money telling this horrible story. Well, I didn't see much for sell (crappy things for sale - old not that good), but what I saw is still making me teary and heartbroken...the dog was there, laying on the ground with an elizabethan collar on it and you could see where the IV went in (taped of course but you can tell the dog had something done to it). OMG, I can't get the picture out of my head and I feel complaled to help him somehow. I just wish I could give him more money and that yard sale is not raising much money at all. He is in Phelps, NY and his phone number in case anyone wants to help this dog (or have suggestions for him on how to raise money quickly) is **Removed by mod***. Thank you for reading and like I said; my apologies as I am not soliciting, just trying to reach out and see if anyone has any ideas and would contact this guy and tell him where to go for help in saving his dog, that's all.

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
I removed his phone number and name, and I'm not sure it's appropriate to leave this thread, tho your not soliciting and I certainly know you mean well, it kinda is soliciting???

I would tell him to try IMOM, (on internet) CareCredit, both I believe are loan type agencies OR ask for help from local animal control, any local rescues around that maybe could help? assist?? a Vet that would take payments, reduce costs?

If anyone wants the guys name info, I would say PM the OP.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh thank you that's a great idea. So if anyone is interested in helping this guy PM and I'll give his phone number. I just figured I try as I can't get the dog out of my head poor thing. Just breaks my heart.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts