German Shepherds Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay...my 4 month male german shepherd was very out of control tonight, he was misbehaving....my husband had him in his lap--Duncan (puppy) tried to snap at my husbands face--like a challenge...and my husband grabbed his muzzle and firmly said "NO" and then right as my husband let go...Duncan snapped and bit his lip. My husband was VERY angry...he is worried that Duncan will grow into a big biting dog now...I am at a loss-- I need serious help from someone. I KNOW he is still a puppy--but what the **** do we do to make our dog realize NOT to bite his owners???? I don't have the heart to get rid of him--he is like my child....but my husband is very worried and angry with him right now....please, i need help.

Double post-left the one in puppy behavior open...
Jean

·
Registered
247 Posts
Well, at 4 months of age, I would suggest that it is most likely aggressive play. Having said that, it is still something you want to stop.
Your pup needs to learn that even in play, the face is completely out of bounds.

If he tries do this frequently, keep him on a leash while he is playing and correct him the instant he goes towards the face.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.