German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm new over this forum,
I'm buying a white german shepherd, it's just 35 days old as per owner information, he lives 600 km away from my place. He says he mate to a white german shepherd mate with his female German Shepered. He had about 4-5 dogs in those only two remain 1 white male and 1 black female. Not registered, selling for very low price compared to other normal breed GSDs. Also he says white one are rare in our region to get.

Well I want to know some tips or trick to identify whether it is pure breed GSD or not.:rolleyes:

Pics he sent me uploaded below... 1375223964813.jpg
1375223986946.jpg
Please tell me urgent as I have only 36 hours left till I meet him.:(

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I won't lie, my first reaction on reading the title of your thread was:

"... because it's white."

Don't believe 'white is rare'. It's technically a deviation from the desired conformation of the breed. That said, if the pup is white now he'll be white as an adult. Welcome to the forum! You'll find a lot of advice here! :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for replying :)

I know its white, I dont think you read it full, I am visiting to owner in next 35 hours... But I want to know if it is a pure breed or not, it may also a mix. Also there is a chance that he sell me something else... So I want to know the unique identity of GSD puppies on those basis I can identify it before I make any deal.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Have you seen the mother and father? That would help to determine the breed-type. Are you just meeting the dog, or picking it up/purchasing it? 35 days puts the pups at just five weeks old. Which is on the younger side for leaving mom and dad.

·
Registered
31,797 Posts
is it my imagination or is that a white streak up that puppies nose? Like a Husky pattern?

·
Registered
504 Posts
is it my imagination or is that a white streak up that puppies nose? Like a Husky pattern?
That's what I thought too and looks almost light tan not actually white except that streak. doesn't look purebred to me. Cute puppy tho and if he was giving it away or selling it for $50 or something I would consider taking it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Owner is selling me for about 160-170 USD. And no I didnt saw his mother or father, owner said me mate his female at doctor and male is about 800 km away from his place... I know about father is it was white...

Will this puppy grow like german shepherd ? First time I saw that picture I got confused thinking its mix or may be a puppy of hound or similar bread.

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
very cute, but I don't think purebred either..unless it's just a funky color from crossing black/white?? Not 'up' on that for sure.

My first reaction would be yellow lab mix?

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
there is absolutely no way to tell how he/she will turn out..

·
Premium Member
3,779 Posts
very cute, but I don't think purebred either..unless it's just a funky color from crossing black/white?? Not 'up' on that for sure.

My first reaction would be yellow lab mix?
Black and whit would yield whatever gene the white carried plus white I think...

·
Registered
504 Posts
Owner is selling me for about 160-170 USD. And no I didnt saw his mother or father, owner said me mate his female at doctor and male is about 800 km away from his place... I know about father is it was white...

Will this puppy grow like german shepherd ? First time I saw that picture I got confused thinking its mix or may be a puppy of hound or similar bread.

If you want a puppy to "grow like German shepherd" wait and get a German shepherd. You do not NEED a puppy in the next few days, I don't see the problem with looking elsewhere?
Also yes it's way too young to leave its mom too.

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
I would avoid all those puppies if I were you, the first one doesn't even look remotely like a GSD to me.

·
Premium Member
16,941 Posts
I'd pass - the pups look mixed. And as pointed out, 35 days is much too young. Pups should be with the litter until minimum 8 weeks -

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Do you need help finding a good breeder near you, OP? Perhaps folks on the board could find a pup that is a good match for you.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts